After a brief break, we resume our series on useful words posted by Dictionary.com and Merriam-Webster.
💁🏻 Here are example sentences for each word:
- The new rule will increase the minimum spending threshold from $50 to $200. 💸
- Everyone on the court sensed the animus between the lifelong rivals. ⛹🏿
- Spending six hours with my loquacious nephew 👦🏻💬💬💬 left me with a massive headache.
- The English professor pointed out the sense of cynicism that pervades the author’s novels. 📚
- In the dystopian novel, the people were brainwashed into believe in political and historical doublethink.
- Henry’s favorite estival activity is having a picnic on the beach. 🏖
- The billionaire’s sui generis furniture—each piece commissioned for himself—reflected his preference for unconventional designs and materials. 🛋
- Nan expostulated about the new proposed law that would ban coffee shops from providing free Wi-Fi. 👩🏻💻☕️