Our Twitter bio says it all: Grammar and vocabulary bosses for Gen TL;DR.
What does that mean?
A loose translation is that we write, tweet, and post about grammar and vocabulary in a concise, fun, and simple manner. It means that you won’t have to trudge through a 30-minute article to learn something that could have just as easily been explained in two minutes. It means that pedantry and formality will always take a back seat to humor and pop culture references, because let’s face it: talking about music, comic books, K-pop idols, and anime is a lot more relaxing (and conducive to learning) than dusting off monocles and holding a séance for William Strunk, Jr. and E.B. White while sipping on brandy. And last but not least, it means that we will always make our content available to anyone anywhere for free. No ads. No corporate connections. No click-baits for a quick buck. Ever.
This site will feel random at first. But that’s OK. If you can endure it, you will become one of legions of loyal and supportive YUNicorns (our fandom) who make our online lives so enjoyable.
If you made it here from Twitter or Tumblr, then this site will give you insights into us as individuals, provide answers to many of your burning questions, and provide updates about upcoming books, merchandise, meet-ups, AMAs, promotions, and whatever else Nan can think of.
Our belief is that learning doesn’t have to be overly formal, complete with a proper cup of tea and a classical-music soundtrack—unless that happens to be your thing. (In that case, you do you. 👍)
Learning certainly doesn’t have to be tedious, sleep inducing, or soul sapping. In fact, it shouldn’t. 🙅🏻
We value experiences. Nothing compares to an eye-opening realization upon learning something new, or a much-needed chuckle from a cute or funny GIF after a brutal day at school or work. 😮💭💡
That is precisely what we strive for: learning while having fun. Sometimes, our content is more entertaining than educational. And there’s nothing wrong with that.
So nod along to our articles, retweet and reblog us, or simply let everything soak in with coffee mug in hand. Enjoy the experience as much as we do.
ℹ️ August NEWS
- Congratulations to Nessa Cannon, our writing intern, on publishing her book! 🙌🏻 Please check out And Then There's You on Amazon.
- 👏🏻 Congratulations to our new interns: Shloka, Nandha, Tara, Bella, Sarah, Rahimie, Valerie, Katherine, Diana, Hope, and Seerat. Check out our Faculty and Staff page to learn more about them!
- Our first grammar zine will be coming out on September 1! More information to follow.
- Interested in working with Henry on your college application essays (personal statements)? Email him (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. 📧
☕️ PLEASE SUPPORT US ON KO-FI.
- If you have enjoyed learning from our Tumblr posts, tweets, Instagram pictures, and Medium articles, please support us by paying for our next cup of coffee. (Henry would really appreciate it—and it will help us offset some of the costs of running The YUNiversity. ☕️
You’ll be surprised at how much information can be imparted in 140 characters. (And yes, we just used the passive voice.)
We write and share grammar-, test prep-, vocabulary-, and writing-related articles on this site, Tumblr, and Medium.
Here’s what we want you to say (or at least think) after spending a little bit of time with us: